- To understand the fundamental principles of innovative teaching, such as concepts, methodologies and instruments.
- To analyze and evaluate the application of innovative teaching inside and outside the educational context.
- To apply various innovative teaching tools and techniques.
- To understand the roles of the innovative teacher toward innovative educational design and mindset.
There is only one: to have the aspiration to become an innovative teacher!
Module 1: How to be an innovative teacher?
- Inspire teachers with ideas from the fields of didactics and innovative teaching;
- Introduce the TPACK model and the concept of “Flipping the Classroom”;
- Make teachers learn from each other in collaborative team learning;
- Encourage teachers towards lifelong learning and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Module 2: Design thinking, co-creation and innovative games.
- Inspire teachers through insights from the fields of design, co-creation, and serious play;
- Analyze and evaluate the application of design thinking, co-creation and innovative games within and outside the educational context;
- Make teachers learn from each other (and form a “learning community”);
- Encourage teachers in co-creation.
Module 3: Exhibition.
- Inspire teachers towards creating richer expository content for today’s students;
- Introduce MOOCs as main elements of cloud-supported education 3.0;
- Have teachers identify their shortcomings in terms of the key digital skills they need to develop;
- Encourage teachers to create educational videos and other multimedia resources.
Module 4: Interaction.
- Inspire teachers towards the use of interactive elements, both in the classroom and outside it;
- Introduce some of the main motivational tools that can be used today in the classroom;
- Cheer the teachers to introduce interactive tools into class dynamics;
- Encourage teachers towards the transformation of their educational programs by making extensive use of interactive resources.
Module 5: Project Based Learning.
- Inspire teachers towards using projects as the basis for more active, collaborative and motivating learning;
- Introduce the elements of the Golden Standard PBL project-based learning design and understand the implementation of the model;
- Understand how ABP curricula can integrate opportunities for learning and practicing project management skills;
- Encourage teachers towards the integration of the ABP methodology by combining online tools for collaborative projects.
Module 6: Innovative evaluation systems and digital portfolios.
- Understand the crucial relationship between learning outcomes and assessment methods, as well as the term “constructive alignment” to develop innovative assessments;
- Introduce the concept of emergent learning and the use of Footprints of emergence as a guide;
- To publicize the concept of Digital Portfolios (E-Portfolios) and its application for reflection, monitoring and evaluation of learning in the context of Higher Education;
- Encourage teachers towards the design and the implementation of innovative assessment methods also with the use of technology.
The course will be taught Spanish, mainly. However, please note that within Modules 1 and 2 some of the content provided is bilingual (English-Spanish), although the vast majority of videos and materials are offered in Spanish, either through direct translation, subtitles, etc. The instructors are also available for any further clarification that may be necessary.
The course starts on June 14, 2022 and ends on July 31, 2022. After this date, the course content will be archived.
It is necessary to obtain at least 60% of the final grade to obtain the course certificate. This MOOC is equivalent to 1 ECTS.
The development and management team for this course is made up of experts from various universities (FH Joanneum University of Applied Sciences, Austria; University of Applied Sciences of Breda, The Netherlands and Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain).
Breda University of Applied Sciences
Professor, researcher and professional in the field of organizational behavior, leadership, andragogy, entrepreneurship and strategic design in the context of tourism at the Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Educational advisor at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Professor and researcher at Breda University of Applied Sciences, Academy for Leisure and Events.
Angelica van Dam
She has her roots in the creative industries. She has been a teacher of design and imagination for 20 years. The last few years she specialized in interaction platforms and wrote a chapter about it in the book “advanced Imagineering”, published in 2019.
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Carlos Delgado Kloos
Vice-Rector for Strategy and Digital Education and Professor at the Department of Telematics Engineering at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Director of the UNESCO Chair in Digital Scalable Education for All.
Carlos Alario Hoyos
Professor of the Department of Telematic Engineering at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and deputy Vice-Rector for Strategy and Digital Education.
Iria Estévez Ayres
Professor at the Department of Telematic Engineering at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid .
FH JOANNEUM Graz
Professor and Director of international projects at FH JOANNEUM – University of Applied Sciences of Graz.
Director of the Department of Management and of the Institute of International Management at FH JOANNEUM Graz University of Applied Sciences.
Director of ZML (Innovative Learning Scenarios) at FH JOANNEUM.
Researcher at FH JOANNEUM.
Rita Da Silveira Santos
Researcher at FH JOANNEUM.
This MOOC is part of the hybrid training program and prerequisite for the coaching and face-to-face training phases with trainers, to be offered in 2020/2021.
The anonymized data collected in some of the course activities could be used for the research purposes of the teaching team.
This course is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No-Work-Derivative 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license.